We are looking for a full-time Office Receptionist to join our expanding team.
WHO WE ARE:
LNG Studios is a creative visualization agency breaking the barriers of reality with highly immersive experiences and visually engaging stories for our clients. We are an innovative, tech-forward company specializing in architectural visualization for the pre-sale real estate market. Our services include 3D rendering, animation, VR/AR, video production, drone photography, interactive modules, branding and website design, 3D printing, and 3D scanning.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
This is an excellent entry-level opportunity to join our team, get acquainted with how work is done at a creative studio, and get accustomed to the pace of agency life! We are looking for an energetic team player who can positively contribute to our work and environment, while owning and honouring this front-facing role. The candidate must be able to work efficiently, both independently and with a team, with high attention to detail, in a deadline-sensitive environment; while exuding warmth and positivity to both internal team members and external guests alike.
Our studio has adapted to operating in a hybrid office environment with some of the team always physically in-office, some remote, and others coming in on certain days. The exact arrangement depends on the nature and accountabilities distinct to each role. Due to the responsibilities required of the Office Receptionist role, we are only looking for candidates who would thrive in a fully in-person environment, Mondays to Fridays, for the whole business day.
- Provide our team and visitors with a warm welcome by receiving and greeting them, both in-person and virtually; while also politely communicating office COVID-19 protocols in an appropriate manner
- Assisting with general office administrative duties - eg. shared Google calendar maintenance, meetings scheduling, group bookings, food orders, etc.
- Office errands - eg. checking daily mail, deliveries both receiving and sending, office supplies maintenance, petty cash expenses management, general office organization
- Provide key office or administrative updates to the team
- Receiving, taking messages, and transferring calls to appropriate channels and team members
- Prepare the boardrooms (video conferencing, water, sanitization, etc.) for meetings, and ensure the space is cleaned-up afterwards and ready for the next meeting
- Point of contact and communication management of office vendors to ensure the office is in order - security, cleaners, office equipment, etc.
- Assist in tracking and maintenance of office equipment, software systems lists; and conduct inventory+audits as directed
- Assist managers with administrative tasks such as required - eg. tracking invoices and receipts for expenses
- Coordinate fun office events and activities (in-person and virtual!) as directed
- Minimum secondary school education or equivalent
- Minimum one year of experience working as an office administrator, receptionist, or front desk position
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a good professional demeanour
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be computer and digital literate with keyboard skills and experience with emails, Slack, word processing, spreadsheets, cloud services, etc.
- Detail-oriented, able to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Demonstrates flexibility in adapting to a wide variety of tasks and functions
- Multi-tasker and self-starter who thrives in a team-oriented environment
- Discretion when dealing with sensitive information
WHY WORK WITH US:
LNG Studios is a creatively-charged studio that works to visualize possibilities through art and innovative technologies, with personalized solutions for each client.
We have an incredibly positive and encouraging staff that comes from various professional backgrounds and from all corners of the globe. We strive to make sure every team member feels included and heard, and respect our employee's safety and well-being. We love finding opportunities to get together to hang out, sing karaoke, or battle each other in a VR game (pewpew!).
- Extended health and dental packages available after 3-month probation
- Dedicated in-office desk and equipment
- Variable incentive bonus
- $1000 annual professional development program
- Beer and wine office sessions
- Monthly team outings and meals
- Additional paid days off (eg. recognized but not statutory holidays and extended Christmas breaks)
Our studio has adopted a primarily hybrid model, with some team members in the office full-time due to the nature of their position, and some coming to the office when it works best for them or to benefit from in-person collaboration. The requirement for this position will be detailed above in “The Role.” Though working in a hybrid model, we do require our team to come to the office twice a month for a collective Retrospective (ask us about those! ).
Regardless of physical location, we are a highly collaborative team with lots of cross-department communication, therefore we have adopted a strong tech stack to ensure that communication is clear and consistent:
- Google Workspace: We are a G Suite company and use Gmail and the Google business suite applications
- Slack: For day-to-day communication, DM opportunities with your teammates, or company-wide announcements
- Notion: LNG Studios’ one source of truth, including policies, procedures, and general company wiki
- Asana: Our dedicated workflow source. All our projects live and breathe in Asana and so we do enforce consistent and organized use to ensure deadlines are not missed, and information is never unaccounted for
- Near the digital-native level of comfort with technology tools is a desired asset
- Commensurate with experience.
- Only candidates chosen to continue on with the assessment process will be notified
- Once notified, a hiring manager will contact the applicant by direct message, email, or possibly via provided mobile phone
- Instructions including availability and scheduling of an initial interview will be communicated
- After an initial interview, a decision to proceed to a follow-up or second interview (or to end the process) will usually be made within 1-2 weeks, during which time the applicant is free to follow up with the hiring manager
- If an applicant is successful to this point; references provided will be checked before an offer is made
- Once a candidate has received an offer, they will have several days to a week to consider and accept
HOW TO APPLY:
Send the following documentation and information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter
- Compensation expectations